That silk scarf in your wardrobe has been lying for years together – right? Neither a formal party nor a regular office day, you cannot find an occasion to tie it up! Also, the color may not always go with your chosen attire. Such issues – aren’t they?
In that case, if you want to carry that scarf to a party, then how about tying it to your handbag. What are the pointers?
- Well that splash of color may not go with your attire but surely match your tote bag
- Also, you will create a new style statement (imagine, who would think of styling a handbag with silk when you can wear it)
Talks aside – here are some of the top ways to style your handbag with a scarf.
The Rose style
As they say, a rose can never let you down, quite similarly in case of a handbag as well; a rose silk scarf is an ideal style for an evening party. Here’s how to do it the correct way –
- First, lay out your silk scarf and then fold it in a normal manner. Make sure that the labels are not seen
- Now tie end of this scarf to the end of the bag’s handle
- Wrap it once around your bag’s handle and then take another end and twist it accordingly
- After this, you can leave the loose ends and the scarf starts to coil itself accordingly
- Finally, twist it like a rose and tie the scarf
Why not braid your silk scarf?
Whether it is the French braid or the Fish style one – a braid goes equally well with formal and ethnic one! However, how would it go with your handbag? Check out –
- Here double scarfs are required and then tie one scarf at the middle of one end of the bag’s handle
- Do the same with another silk scarf and make sure that all the four ends are of the same length
- Now you will have to tie all the ends into a braid and attach a broach as per your choice
A bow would be no less good
Why just tie a bow on your neck (with a tie), why not do the same to your bag? Here’s how you do the same –
- Take a silk scarf and make a bow out of it hiding the label
- Now tie it from the middle to the end of your bag’s handle and maintain lengths of both ends
- Now tie a bigger bow, and you can style the loose ends as per your choice
Wrap it around your bag like a cover
Whether it is a combo color splash or a single color, wrapping your bag with it is a great way! Here’s how to do it –
- Take the scarf and fold it in three layers
- Now lay your bag in the middle and tie a knot in front of this bag
Now with all these styles at your behest, you can surely check out the ideal one for your bag. By the way – you can check out online sites for any silk scarf that you can choose out.